Saturday, March 15, 2014

Giving Thanks For The Little Things

Photo by tlpoague

I came across other blogs sharing their top ten things they were thankful for this week. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided to join in the fun. Sometimes when life is busy, we get caught up in the cycle of chaos, and loose track of those tiny things to be thankful for. Here are my top ten for this week.
10. I am thankful for my gift of writing. I love having the ability to create something others enjoy reading.
  9. I am thankful for my gift of baking. It was something I never thought about much until two family members mentioned missing a loved one and how much my baking reminded them of the loved ones that had passed.
  8. I am thankful for my gift of crafting. Last night I had a loved one tell me that she enjoyed her gift so much she wore it all the time. She has had many people ask her where they could buy one. I have toyed with the idea of selling my products, but enjoyed seeing the smiles when they are given as unexpected gifts instead.
  7. I am thankful for the fellow writers from the different websites I write on. I have learned so much from their writing and advice they have shared. They have helped me to overcome many fears and obstacles.
  6. I am thankful for my readers. Whom could consider themselves a writer if it weren't for the readers? Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my ramblings.
  5. I am thankful that I was able to see my extended family despite the circumstances surrounding it.
  4. I am thankful for my parents, brothers, and sisters that support me, even during the times we don't see eye to eye. (I am also glad that they are willing to share their stories so I might have more colorful things to write about.) 
  3.  I am thankful for my amazing children. I am proud to see how far they have come in their short lives. It brightens my day when they call asking for help, or just to say...I love you.
  2. I am thankful for my husband. He has taught me much, helped me to conquer my dreams, and loved me fearlessly.
  1. I am thankful for my faith in my Lord and Savior. I have seen and experienced miracles that only God, himself, could have done. He has been my rock in the good times and the bad...always waiting... always caring.


This has been fun. I look forward to doing it again. I wish my readers well and hope to see you on the next go around. If you would like to join in the fun...check it out here.
Considerings


tlpoague 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment