Sunday, March 16, 2014

Silly Sunday March 16, 2014

photo by tlpoague
“Dig deep and look for the humor”, I have been telling myself, as I deal with the family drama this week. Sometimes it is pretty easy. I can find things to laugh about. Other days...I have a dark cloud that just hovers and won't go away. It is on those days that I dig deep in my faith.
If you believe in God, you know that there will be times in your life when you are faced with a trial. How you handle that trial will determine how you grow as a Christian. You may stand, shaking your fist, and crying “Why, why me?”, or, “why now?”. There may be times when you drop to your knees and plead for strength...or a way to cope. If you think about it, how can you grow as a person if you live in a bubble that is always safe? If you are always safe...how can your experiences help others?
Not too long ago, I was listening to a Christian comedian, Patsy Clairmont. I had stumbled across her while channel surfing, in my car, on a trip, out of town. My attention was captured when she started to talk about how God had worked in her life. It prompted me to look at my life and how I handle some of my trials. Especially after the last few weeks I had.
I caught myself, this last week, saying something along the lines of, “okay, Lord, I can handle this...”. 
God must have thought so too, because before I knew it, I had another situation on my plate. 
So, then I caught myself asking, “Lord, could I have a dose of humor to go with it?”
I was visiting with a friend the other day. She was dealing with some difficulties of her own. I couldn't help but ask...how have you been handling it?
Her answer, “I just call your daughter and borrow her son.”
I couldn't help but chuckle. How can a dark cloud compete with the contagious laughter and antics of a 14 month old?
God had answered my prayer. 
photo by tlpoague
It came in a whirlwind of a bundle, complete with an angelic face, dimples, dark eyes, and a mischievous grin. I knew when he would be gearing up for something. That mischievous grin would widened, causing those little dimples to pop. His dark eyes would sparkled as he stuck his tiny tongue out in concentration. Once those black eyebrows began to rise, it was time to get up off my lazy bum and be ready for some action.
So, I caught myself saying, “Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful blessing. I needed that today.”

I find I don't have time to be depressed or negative, IF, I remember to lift it to the Lord. My day is instead filled with joy. A cup full of happiness that runneth over. It isn't always easy. Some days it will take more work than others. But, for the most part, I try to look for the rainbow after the storm and remind myself to...trust in the Lord. 

I have recently joined the SOS group, (Silly on Sunday's) with Everything Susan and RealHousewife. If you are interested in sharing your silly stories, you can link up here... Silly on Sunday's with Everything Susan.
Everything Susan


tlpoague 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment