Monday, May 12, 2014

Does Your Mood Swing Like The Mad Hatter?

tlpoague
I can hardly believe it has been six weeks since starting Moody Mondays. (Wow, time flies when you're having fun.) I haven't exactly gone in the direction I had planned on but have enjoyed reading and hearing the comments from others. I think it has allowed me to follow a wondering path in exploring different types of writing. Like my life, it is often chaotic and full of surprises. The only thing I can seem to be consistent on is looking forward to what I can write about the next week.
I want to thank the ladies that have joined in sharing their links and comments. It has been a privilege to have you here, sharing your stories, and comments. Thank you for taking the time to join me.
I want to thank my family for the stories, ideas, and pictures, they have shared. I never thought about writing a children's book in the fashion of Rusty Rooster until you mentioned it. I think it will be a great addition to my Big Nam series.
photo by DigitizedSolutions
I want to thank my little bro for allowing me access to his photo website and for helping me with this blog. I will be posting photos, along with a few of his, in the upcoming weeks. These can be purchased for a small price for those that are interested in a variety of scenic views. He is an amazing up and coming photographer.
As I began to post in yesterday's blog, I have never seen myself as being talented. I have always viewed myself as having a wide range of interests. I think this helps when going through the stages of being a writer. I have often dreamed of what it would be like to live as a pioneer when I sat upon the knee of my great-grandmother, as she told me her childhood stories.
It is a whole other world when learning to be self-sufficient. The process of growing and butchering your own meat is definitely not for the faint-hearted, but it can be a fascinating addition for a story.
To have the knowledge of sewing, crocheting, knitting, needlepoint, and cross-stitching may not seem as important now, but in those days it was a part of one's personality. Much could be learned about a person by the projects they created.
I have now realized takes a certain amount of skill to be able to create a meal over an open fire or on a cast iron stove. (I learned how to cook on a cast iron stove one winter when living in a cabin in the mountains.) So, imagine my surprise when my daughter came home one day from school to share her experiences in her home-economics class. None of the students knew how to hand wash dishes, let alone whip up a meal. (Some of these stories I will share in upcoming blogs.)
Being a writer takes a great deal of creativity and imagination. I feel truly blessed by God for the wealth of both I have been given. I thank my parents for giving me the opportunity to developed them. I remember being taught that the luxuries of certain technology were a privilege that shouldn't be taken for granted. This outlook created a childhood filled with exploration, imagination, and simplicity. These were traits my husband and I tried to pass along to our children. I am now seeing the fruits of that labor as my daughter is passing along what she has learned to her children. Every day that I watch my grandsons grow is an adventure.
My grandson
photo by tlpoague
Trying to be a Godly woman in this day and age presents its own challenges. All to often it is easy to become distracted and tempted. I haven't written about my Christian living as much as I first thought I would. It isn't because I am ashamed, it's more like I am not sure what to say. I think to have a fruitful life, one needs God at the core. I have seen both sides of the boat to show me that my path lies with following Jesus and acknowledging him as my Savior. Some of the miracles I have witness I shared on HubPages. In time I will try to share more across the websites I write on.
As I wrap up another edition of Moody Monday, I would have to say my mood today is gratitude. My mother once told me, it is okay to try and be superwoman, but don't forget to find time for God and yourself.
I look forward to seeing you again next week if not before.
photo by tlpoague





No comments:

Post a Comment