Monday, September 29, 2014

Moody Monday's: Atonement

tlpoague
Have you ever been in a situation where you regret saying some of the things you did to someone you don't know? Have you caught yourself scratching a spot bald and asking...
“Why in the world did I say that?”
“Where did that come from?”
Or, a moment where you realized the foundation you build your beliefs on were distorted?
Suddenly you see yourself as a fool, looking for a means of escape.
photo by tlpoague

(Before I continue, I just want to state that these are only my thoughts and views on this, so I understand that not everyone will agree or believe the same.)

The topic for last week's Moody Monday was about the fall and the Feast of the Lord that we as Christians are to celebrate. To add to that subject is the Day of Atonement.
The Day of Atonement is a day that follows ten days after the Feast of the Trumpets...aka...Yom Teruah. That day we are to cease from working. Neither eating or drinking from sun down of the ninth day to sun down of the tenth day. It is a time to pray, honor the Lord, and atone for our sins.
(Since I am new to understanding the rituals of these celebrations of the Lord, I have found myself stumbling around trying to understand it all.)
The thing is, I have been led to believe that as a Christian, we don't need to honor or celebrate the same rituals as the Jewish Nation. It is only in my research lately that I have come to realize that we are indeed suppose to be following these rituals and celebrations the way God wants.
I have known that as a Christian it is important to adhere to the Ten Commandments, to love the Lord, and to love your neighbor. I was taught that Salvation is only achieved through Jesus. You go to church on Sunday, if you can make it, instead of Saturday. The main holidays of the Lord were Easter and Christmas.
But...how does one accept the thought that everything they have been taught could possibly be wrong?
I know it was a difficult pill for me to swallow.
It is like a puzzle that I am slowly putting together. All the pieces are there but the picture isn't finished.
So...I began to question what I had been taught. That began with Matthew 24.
I also started to understand that as a Christian, if you don't know God's laws, you don't know what sin is. Or how you could be sinning towards God. This was clear in the books of Deuteronomy and Leviticus. But...again I say but...if you don't understand the roles the fallen angels, nephilim, and their descendant had then or now, understanding any of the Old Testament is difficult. (I will try to place links to the videos that have helped me in my research. I would love to hear your thoughts and views if you watch them.)
So...one may ask... “what does this have with atonement?”
We know it is wrong to steal, lie, or cheat. To do so leaves a mark on your reputation. When you have been busted for any of these, no matter how small the crime, an apology is forthcoming.
Let's say just for a moment, you have realized that all these years (for those that do believe) you have been worshiping the Lord the way man taught and not Yeshua's way. How does one atone for that?
This is a question I will leave you with, for each of us is different. We have different ideas, beliefs, and views about what is right and what is wrong. In the future though...ask yourself...is this man's traditions...or God's will? The answer may surprise you.
*Note* Since I can't get it to load a video, here are the links of the YouTube videos mentioned above.
Rob Skiba's Archon Invasion Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8dUQOaSmSE
Arthur Bailey's Introductions to the Fall Feasts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTz2aSsgnc8





No comments:

Post a Comment