Monday, September 1, 2014

Moody Monday's : Back For More Fun

tlpoague
It's me again! Back from a long summer of craziness. I am still working on my book. What started out as a bit of a face-lift has turned into a major re-write. But...I just couldn't stay away any longer from my online family and friends.
To begin, I want to thank everyone for their support. A writer wouldn't be much of a writer if it wasn't for their readers and fans.
I would also like to state that I'm not sure how many posts I can post in a week, but I plan on continuing with Moody Monday's. It seem to be the one day a week I could set a goal and make it.
This summer has been a crazy one between the writing, crafting, and time spent with family.
I have been doing research to improve my stories and found some really interesting literature and videos that I plan on sharing at a later date. I guess you could say that it was one of the benefits of taking a sabbatical because I don't think I would have bothered looking a few of these topics up.
As for the family...we have had a few ups and downs. We have come to rely on our faith in God, and sense of humor, when we were given the news that our dad is dealing with congestive heart failure and our mother was diagnosed with cancer.
The humor part kicked in when my oldest brother mentioned that he didn't trust doctors. He wanted a second opinion and then fell off his horse, breaking his collar bone and fracturing a few ribs. (The rumor was he was going to teach his son the proper way to ride. It became a "what not to do" moment.) By no means were we laughing at the accident. It was his attitude towards doctors and the timing of the accident. He had hung up with mom only minutes before.
I think the highlight of this last week was the time I spent teaching my sister-in-law how to sew her first quilt. We now know just enough to get ourselves in trouble.
In closing, I would like to say that I am thankful for the time I have spent with my family. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given to develop my skills. I feel bless to have such a wonderful group of family, friends, and online writers.
I wish you all the best as you enjoy your Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment