Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Silly Sunday-February 24, 2014

photo by momster
I had planned on writing this post
many...many...many...hours ago but became a bit distracted by a phone call. I should have known that when I got distracted by the phone call, it would be awhile before I could get back to my post. It has now been five hours, twenty-nine minutes, and thirty-seven seconds later.
Oh, how I love my sisters!
I needed some inspiration for today's topic. Boy, did they provided me with more than I needed. (Along with a bucket of laughs.)
Of course with any topic we discussed I had to do some censoring before I could post them. What could three girls possibly have to talk about for five hours? Trust me, I am not sure you want to know all the details...so...I will just list a few.
The topics of the day started with:
How to text with a broken thumbnail...
How to text with a dog bite on the finger...
Do you sleep text...
I don't text period, so none of these applied to me. I simply folded laundry while listening to the chatter. As an idea hit, I took notes to add to my writing later.
The next topics caught a bit more of my attention when one sister was telling the other about our dad and his latest adventure.
What was your latest Redneck household repair...
(Note to self....remember to unplug the phone cord, before cutting it, to repair it.)
How clean is your house...fur balls or kid's cloths...
How much multitasking can you get done on a four way phone call...
(We decided to call mom so she wouldn't feel left out.)
Apparently some of these topics must have been too boring because it let to a morbid story of the week between the girls...this was where the censoring came into play.
While traveling...got gas?...
How do you know when a mothball goes bad...
This had me laughing hard enough to start snorting, which woke up the dog, that gave me a dirty look, which let to me laughing hard enough, I knocked over a pile of laundry.
Under normal conditions none of this would be funny, but listening to Momster tell the story was hilarious. She went into great detail about how her twenty-six year old friend was quizzing her about moth balls. He had never seen or heard of one before. Before she could stop him, he had grabbed one out of the box and proceeded to check it out. He sniffed it. He squeezed it. She asked him if he was going to lick it. Then she told him that they were so toxic he needed to wash his hands under water for fifteen minutes. Being a germ-a-phobe, he gave it twenty minutes. Afterward he asked if mothballs went bad. (She has me roaring by then. If you aren't laughing...well, I guess one had to be there...)
While having this discussion, Momster's twelve year old son came into the kitchen to tell her that he forgot to mention he had flushed a large plastic container of soap down the toilet. (This happened hours before...after many people went...well you know...)
photo by momster
This led to an hour of listening to her debate with her son.
How did you flush a plastic container of soap down the toilet...
It doesn't matter who did it...why did you flush it...
How do you plan to get it out...
It is not my fault you flushed it down the toilet...
By now, both Pie and I, are nearly on the floor laughing. Only at Momster's could this much drama happen...and it was only two hours into her day. We listened in as she asked her son...
Have you ever done a cavity search on a toilet...today is your lucky day!...
Okay...here is what you are going to need...
Today, I have managed to snorted coffee while laughing, choked on my food, had images burned into my brain that never will leave, nearly wet myself, finished my laundry, and all the while...laughed till my sides hurt. When asking my sisters what they did today, their answer...smoked cigarettes, ate some food, and laughed our rear off.
What is your anti-stress therapy today?

Tomorrow's topic of the day:
The signs of too much drama while drinking too much java...

I have recently joined the SOS group, (Silly on Sunday's) with Everything Susan and RealHousewife. If you are interested in sharing your silly stories, you can link up here... Silly on Sunday's with Everything Susan.
Everything Susan


tlpoague 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment