Thursday, March 13, 2014

Today's Throwback Thursday March 13, 2014

photo by tlpoague
I asked this question yesterday to see how others would answer...Have you ever had one of those days were you just want to crawl back in bed and start the week over?
I have been struggling this week with the pressures of FAMILY DRAMA. Coming from a large family it doesn't take much to set off the honeycomb. I don't know about others, but in my family, when this happens it will set the bees buzzing for hours. Sometimes this will make for some interesting stories to write about. Other times, if allowed too, it can affect one's writing. This is where my struggle began.
I have set a goal in my writing. I knew this would be the most difficult thing for me simply because I have a large family and things happen. To avoid some of these issues, I have begun to set rules. But again, things happen.
To simply put it, this is how my week has went so far. (Take a deep breath...)
Thursday of last week, while my daughter was visiting-and wondering if she would ever have her baby-we received news concerning my mother-in-law. She has been sick with a quick acting leukemia. Family was called in to say their good-byes.
Friday my daughter had her beautiful baby. (If curious how that went check out Silly Sunday.)
Saturday was family bonding hour with the new baby and a rambunctious 14 month old.
Sunday started with a phone call that my mother-in-law had passed. This posted a delay in my writing since the family tree on both sides of the family needed contacted. (Have you ever tried a five way phone call that lasted over four hours? It can be done!)
Just when I thought I had a handle on things and was enjoying telling the story of my grandson, I received another disturbing phone call. My brother, with his kids, had been in a car accident. No one was hurt but the trailer and equipment behind it. This set the bees buzzing again. By the time I had called one of my sisters-once again-she answered...without even a hello, "if this is more bad news, I don't want to hear it till tomorrow." It was...a friend of the family had passed.
I couldn't help but question where I would find the time to finish my writing. Amazingly, without more interruptions, I did.
Monday was spent with a trip to the doctor, in a town, five hours away. I did manage to find time to write my first hub of the month for HubPages.
Posting the hub was another story. Have you ever spent an hour, working hard on your masterpiece, only to click the wrong button, and watch it disappear before you eyes? I did! I wanted to have a stroke. I had forgotten that the work was still saved. It just moved to the bottom of my list. In my wild state of panic, I couldn't find it, so I started the whole process over again. Then, I did what I usually do...I called my sister, Momster. She is always helpful when it comes to finding humor through the negativity. It was during this phone call that I realized I had forgotten she was out of town. She had taken her son in for surgery. He needed pins put in a finger he had broken, while at school. That was my Tuesday.
Wednesday, I had the perfect topic picked out. Wordless Wednesday's word for the day was going to be frustration. It was frustrating that I couldn't get my words to flow. I started two different articles, but still, I couldn't find the humor in them. (This is how I deal with trauma...I mean drama....writing and humor!) I finally found my voice only to be interrupted. My daughter was bringing the grandboys over. And so...I didn't get to finish my articles, but after asking for help on Facebook, I did figure out how to find my little bit of humor.
Today is a funeral for a friend in the family. It is also going to be spent going, out of town, to the doctor's again for another family member. (This is what happens when you live in the sticks.) I am taking along my trusty notebook and a well sharpened pencil, with the hopes that I can find my next story lurking around the corner. If by chance I don't find the time to post my Friday story, know that I am attending my mother-in-law's funeral, and thinking about when I can get back to writing.
"How do you keep you sanity in all of this?" You ask. It is my faith I have in my Lord and Savior. When times seem difficult I reflect on the scripture, Philippians 4:13, "I can do all thing through Christ which strengtheneth me." Then I did deep and seek the humor.
tlpoague 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment